Hello, I’m Axel, a freelance Audio Designer based in France. I’m specialized in sound design and game sound implementation. I worked mostly for video game and audio software developers.
Freelance Audio Designer
Since April 2013, including :
– – – – –
Contract Sound Designer at Witty Wings
December 2015 – Present
– SFX creation for SwapTales: Léon! an interactive book for children on iOS and Android tablets
– Sound Integration with Wwise in Unity3D
Contract Sound Designer at Tsugi
June 2013 – Present
Niigata, Japan (6 months full-time) and Paris, France (since January 2014)
– Prototyping and designing sounds for DSP Anime and DSP Retro: tools powered by real-time synthesis to create sound effects for game, animation or movie
– Sound Design for promotional content
– Sound editing, Sound design and final mix for Bandai anime, a one-shot japanese anime produced by TeNY TV
Contract Video Game Dialogue Editor at Synthesis France
July 2015 – September 2015 and March 2016 – May 2016
– Editing, cleaning and renaming French dialogues for Fallout 4 (2015) and Mafia III (2016)
Contract Sound Designer at Bulwark Studios
2014 and 2016
– SFX creation and audio integration with FMOD Studio for CrownTakers, a Tactical-RPG game for Windows/Mac/Linux and iOS
– In-game and cut-scenes SFX creation for Twaig, a puzzle game for iOS and Android
Sound Editor and Dubbing Mixer for television and movie theater commercials
– C&B Concept Agency
– CESI Angoulême
– – – – –
Sound Designer at AudioGaming
Avril 2012 – December 2012 (Intership then Fixed-term contract) and July 2011 – October 2011 (Intership)
– Sound Design and audio implementation for two Unity3D games available on iOS (Chicken Doom and Journey to Hell) (2012)
– QA for AudioWind/Rain middleware and plug-in (2012)
– Prototyping dynamic and real-time interactive audio footstep system with Pure Data (2011 and 2012)
– Designing, recording and performing a footstep library (2011 and 2012)
– Recording Ambisonic sounds and creating sound library in b-format surround sound (2011)
Intern Assistant TV Sound Engineer at Nolife TV
May 2010 – July 2010
– Voice-over Recording
– Sound editing and final mix for TV Shows
– Sound Design
Intern Assistant Sound Engineer at Nao
Roubaix – France
– Voice Recording for TV and Radio commercials
– Sound Editing for TV and Radio commercials
Intern Assistant Sound Designer at Ankama
May 2008 – July 2008
– Sound Design and Audio Integration for Wakfu a MMORPG
– Sound Editing on Wakfu the Animated TV Show
- DAW, Sequencer, Editor : Pro Tools or Nuendo for linear media, Samplitude or Reaper for video game asset creation (more effective than PT for this task imo), Sound Forge for audio editing and batch, Ableton Live for music production from time to time
- Plug-ins : Flux Pure Serie fine and transparent dynamic effects, iZotope RX for restoration, GRM Tools amazing sound design tools, U-he Uhbik toolbox of powerful common effects for sound design, Audio Ease Altiverb and Speakerphone how to gain a lot of time, Melda Production MEffects cheaper but great and work in surround, Native Instrument Komplete with a lot of strange sound from Reaktor.
- Audio Engine : Fmod and Wwise I like both even with the delay from Fmod I find it more immediate.
- Real Time Audio Programing : Max/MSP or Pure Data even if PD made me cry sometime.
- Game Engine : Unity 3D simple and funky but need audio programmer to improve audio, UDK with learning kismet is a powerful tool for audio scripting, Cry Engine 3 best fmod integration ever coupled with amazing kismet-like visual scripting tool.
- Avid Artist Serie Eucon FTW
- Mackie HUI, Command 8 and other HUI stuff, better than nothing
- Touch OSC for iPad I make interface and prototype for my PD or Max patches
- Zoom H2n with me all the time, everywhere.
- SM57, SM7, DPA 4060, DPA 4041, U87, Rode NTG3, Oktava MK012, Soundfield ambisonic microphone… plenty of mic that I love. One day I would be rich enough to buy everything.
- Akai DD1500 for the joke. It’s old and useless today but I learned sound editing on it and I have some happy memories with it.
ENJMIN – The Graduate School of Games and Interactive Medias / Ecole Nationale du Jeu et des Médias Interactifs Numériques
2010 – 2012
Master degree, Audio Design for Video Game
College of Advanced Technology of Angoulême / IUT d’Angoulême
2009 – 2010
Bachelor degree / Licence Professionnelle Technique et Activité de l’image et du son, Sound Design
Higher Technician Certification for Audiovisual of Roubaix / BTS Audiovisuel au Lycée Jean-Rostand
2007 – 2009
Associate degree, Sound for audiovisual media